Re: [IRCA] âRe: Wellbrook Large Aperture Loop Antenna ALA100LN

Bill,

Actually the NCC-1 from DX Engineering does provide the ability to power active receive antennas via the coax.

http://www.dxengineering.com/search/part-type/antenna-phasing-and-noise-cancelling/product-line/dx-engineering-ncc-1-receive-antenna-variable-phasing-controllers?autoview=SKU&sortby=Default&sortorder=Ascending

However, Iâve long used active whips, the Wellbrook Loops, and home-brew antennas with pre-amps in conjunction with the Quantum Phaser. While it adds another short piece of coax, Iâve never seen any decrease in performance.

I powered all of my LF Enginering Active Whips using the DX Engineering NCC-1 instead of the PSU supplied with the antenna. And with the Quantum, I simply use the supplied PSUâs and a short piece of coax.

I never use the âWall Wartâ switching power supplies included with any active antenna, phaser, or accessory. Instead, I always wire them into the main 12 VDC power supply for the rest of the shack. Itâs a traditional supply (non-switching) and very clean in terms of RFI.

Iâd love to try the Wellbrook phaser. Based on my experience with Andyâs other products, itâs certain to be top notch. But the Quantum phaser has been one of the best values in radio gear Iâve ever purchased. That little phaser has put a lot of new stations in the log too.

73,

Les N1LF

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Media Services
130 1st Avenue West
Alabaster, AL 35007-8536
205-621-7500
205-621-7505 FAX
205-253-4867 CELL
highnoonfilm.com

[This message and any attached documents contain information from the sender that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message. Thank you.]