Re: [IRCA] 3.7 Inch "Baby FSL" Receives S9+ TP-DX

--- Begin Message ---
That definitely sounds to me like a moderately significant improvement in signal, Gary, considering it was apparently blank without the nano-FSL or whatever you want to call it. :) Â(Although on my S-rating system based on my perceptions of RST, I'd probably rate that signal as an "S4" - my "S9" is usually signals that show 88+ dBÂ on the Tecsuns without any external antenna boost, and anything over S9 is 95+ dBÂ.)
I wonder if there's a chance we may someday have a small and inexpensive enough FSL so that you could have it and the Sangean DT-400W or CC Pocket both contained in a $100 budget and a package the size of the Skywave or PL-380? Â(I'm thinking the radio would be mounted inside the FSL but with the buttons/display somehow still accessible, and instead of being round it'd be more rectangular (or oval), but would that not work?)
Also what about an FSL that, instead of being fairly wide relative to its diameter, is shaped more like the Select-A-Tenna (or oval) but smaller?
Also I was reading other comments on Yahoo and wondering ...
What's the difference in the various versions of the CC Skywave?
What would happen if you used a 330/46 connection to the radio, but made the main coil of the FSL with 1162/46? Â(I'm guessing the tedious part would be individually soldering each strand of one type to the other, or would a single bulk-solder work?)
How does the direct-connected FSL compare with the built-in antenna on adjacent and off-channel RSSI, blocking, assuming you're using signals of comparable strength? Â(Meaning a signal that indicates 89 dBÂ on the FSL, and another that indicates 89 dBÂ on the stock loopstick.) ÂDoes the FSL have higher Q, and not block stations as much as the stock stick?
Also, Skywave vs Traveler 3 - which do you think I may potentially be happier with on AM and FM for the price? ÂFry's has the Skywave here but they want $70 for it and I think that's too much for that model. ÂI had one briefly but the display is terrible outdoors in bright light, also I had some other issues with it too. Â(Some of my complaints with the PL-380 were improved, though.)
73, Stephen