[IRCA] AM BCB DX……Todays ELAD Captures….3 NEW STATIONS

Hi Guys:

     Here is my report for the Stations logged from today's Reviews. 3 NEW Stations heard and a couple of CALL CHANGES.

RECEIVER………..…ELAD FDM-S2 SDR

ANTENNA……WELLBROOK - ALA-1530LNP Imperium Loop

AM LOG TOATLS are now………….1690 Stations Heard.

73…………….ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

1050  WBQH  Silver Spring, MARYLAND  Dec/09/15  0758 EST   SPANISH  FAIR
Regional Mexican Music and SS Vocals @ 0758 EST. Lots of Tubas and Accordions.
ID @ 0801 EST as "La Mera Mera". UNDER CHUM Toronto.

NEW STN                    10 kW/44 Watts
ROSS, ON.
1340  WXFN  Muncie, INDIANA  Dec/09/15  1600 EST    EE   FAIR
ID by Male DJ @ 1600 EST as " Muncie's Sports Powerhouse on Muncie's
Sports Station 102.9 and 1340 AM WXFN". Also a Mention of FOX Sports.
Into Sports Talk.

NEW STN                    1 kW
ROSS, ON.
1250  WHHQ  Bridgeport, MICHIGAN   Dec/10/15   0800 EST   EE    GOOD
Religious Program produced by Ave Maria Radio. EWTN Promos and IDs @ 0800 EST.
Into "Catholic Connested" program.

NEW STN                 5 kW/1100 Watts
ROSS, ON.
1110  WKQA  Norfolk, VIRGINIA  Dec/09/15   1600 EST    EE      FAIR
ID @ 1600 EST as "e wish you a very Merry Christmas from Freedom 1110
WKQA". Into SRN News.

RELOG………But NEW CALLS               50 kW Daytimer
ROSS, ON.
1470  WFNT  Flint, MICHIGAN   Dec/09/15   1700 EST      EE        FAIR
ID by Male DJ @ 1700 EST as "Newstalk AM 1470 WFNT. The #1 source for News
around Michigan and the Great Lakes Area". Into News/Talk.

RELOG………But NEW CALLS
ROSS, ON.
950  WHVN  Hyde Park, NEW YORK  Dec/10/15  0558 EST     EE      FAIR
UNDER WWJ  - Detroit.  Doo Wop Music @ 0558 EST. Male DJ with ID @ 0600
EST. Into Accapella group Music @ 0601.

This Station is owned by Pirate Radio Joe Ferraro…a Friend/Radio Buddy of
Alan Weiner  of Radio New York/WBCQ Fame. Both of these guys are from
Yonkers New York!! I have a Pirate QSL signed by Joe for one of the Many Pirate
Stations he has been affiliated with over the years. Interesting guy to say the least.
Most of the stuff they play on this station is on Old 78 RPMS from Joe's collection!
He also plays Rockabilly, Blues, R&B and Old Americana Music. This is my 2nd time
hearing them.

RELOG                     500 Watts/57 Watts
ROSS, ON.