[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, June 26-July 2, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during DST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page36

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 960, KGWA Enid: altho I haven`t kept logs, I think I have checked just about every night for a week now as of June 27 between 0500 and 0505 UT, never to find a Fox-hole of dead air any more, sob. So Fox ``news`` is whole again. There could still be screwups at other times, but this was so reliable --- once dead air started at 0500, I knew it would stay dead until cut back on at 0505 by when I would have the volume turned down again, meanwhile having DXed a number of stations from USA, Canadá and México during the carefully nulled but hummy open carrier (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1120, June 26 at 1945 UT on caradio, KEOR/KETU is on with usual regional Mexican music, but by 2020 UT recheck it`s off. Until now it had been reliably on whenever checked in daytime for a couple weeks. But NEVER heard with any announcements, no commercials, no IDs, no ``La Picuda`` network plugs as was previously the case. I have not yet managed the dedication to listen to this straight thru for a full hour, like :30 to :30 to confirm there are never any announcements.

Next check on caradio, 0118 UT June 27 it`s on; by 0132 UT starting to get SAH from KMOX; back at shack, I keep monitoring from 0144 UT as official FCC sunset in Catoosa is supposed to be 0145 UT in June and July (and FCC still thinks it`s KETU, unlike the station when last heard IDing as KEOR). Keeps on playing music with a segué, but chopped off the air mid-tune at 0148:35* UT (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1120, June 28 at 0144 UT I am remonitoring KETU/KEOR to hear what they do tonight: nothing but regional Mexican vocal music past 0145 UT until chopped of the air at 0148.36.5* UT, only a sesquisecond later than 24 hours ago and probably within the margin of error. Still no announcements heard from it whatsoever at random chex mostly on caradio during daytime June 26-27 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1120, June 29 around 1830-2030 UT at least, no signal from KEOR/KETU Catoosa/Tulsa/Sperry, which had been fairly reliable for several days with nothing but regional Mexican music, never any announcements. I think I had heard it earlier around sunrise today. Also checked before sunset at 0144 UT June 30 and no signal then either with KMOX baseball already dominant, rather than KEOR cutoff as observed twice after 0148* UT (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST) And it`s on again, July 2 afternoon

** OKLAHOMA. 1530, June 28 at 0155 UT, norteña music loops E/W, 0156 UT SHVA exclaims ``Qué Buena, Tulsa``; 5 kW daytimer KXTD cuts off air unceremoniously at 0202* UT, well after LSS in Wagoner COL which is 0145 UT in June and July (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===========

** U S A. 1080, July 2 at 1130 UT, I happen to be tuning across KRLD Dallas when there is a momentary glitch during traffic report, corresponding to the official July sunrise time for pattern change from broad cardioid at night nulling toward Hartford to non-direxional day; no difference in reception here. July SR/SS are 1130/0130 UT; August: 1145/0115 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1140, June 30 at 0156 UT, baseball in English from N/S, mentioning players by name, Schumacher (sp?), Presley, Robinson; score Reds 10, Twins 8 on Twins Baseball, and 0157 ID ``1140 KSOO`` so that`s Sioux Falls, my third SD station, in a few minutes after sunset (see 1270, 1560) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1270, June 30 at 0153 UT, prayer in English; recently discovered KFLC Fort Worth in English, but Univisión América would not be religious; instead it`s certainly KNWC in Sioux Falls SD, ``Faith 12-70``, at SSS as I just got KKAA SD too; and this was N/S, vs KTUZ Mexican music from E/W (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1290, June 29 at 1224 UT, ad for Razorback Camper Sales in Hot Springs AR, making 1.7 Hz SAH with KWFS, Wichita Falls TX, and more or less mutually nullable. Trouble is, there are two AR stations on 1290, neither near Hot Springs --- KDMS El Dorado 2.5 kW at the southern edge of the state next to LA is slightly closer, but 5 kW KUOA Siloam Springs in the NW at the OK border is more likely here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1300, June 30 at 0151 UT, Royals baseball, announcer interrupting a story to call pitches; already having to null XEP Juárez Spanish on day power, so uncertain whether this is from north or northeast --- Royals roster at
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/downloads/y2015/2015_radio_affiliate_map.pdf
shows both KBRL McCook NE and KMMO Marshall MO (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1500, Monday June 29 at 1220 UT, `Amos `n` Andy` from north/south, just about to fade out an hour after sunrise --- apparently the originals rather than the also late Ed Bolton`s recreations which were only on WBCQ? Surely it`s our nearest 1500 to the south, KJIM Sherman TX, nostalgia. Yahoo search for site gets a higher hit to
http://www.kjim1500am.com/
Kjim 1500 AM Marriage Counseling Radio
which is phony, but maybe good for some cheap chuckles. Real site is:
http://www.kjim-am1500.com/
where the header of personalities does not include anyone in black-face, and there`s no program schedule; claims to reach 5 megapeople, since edge of daytime coverage extends into The Metroplex (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1530, June 28 at 0202, ``KVDW 1530 & 100.9`` YL ID comes thru right after KXTD OK cuts off late, so England AR 2.5 kW daytimer will no doubt continue to run all-night as usual; however, something else soon overcomes, probably WCKY (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1560 // 920, June 30 at 0148 UT, thank god for Family Radio stations on MW, which in the post-WYFR era still allow us to hear the dullest tones of Harold Camping. This gives me a chance to compare KKAA in Aberdeen SD to KYFR in Shenandoah IA and find them just a reverb apart (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1500, June 27 at 0150 UT, some classic rock, soon fading into CCI, looping as best I can make it, ESE/WSW, which unfits for KJIM Sherman TX nostalgia; and everydaytimer east of here should be off by now. Maybe someone is still on, like WTNE in Trenton TN, 250/6 watts, but 24 hour gospel per NRC AM Log. At least KPGM Pawhuska OK seems to be off after sunset now (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1590, June 27 at  0210 UT, preacher in Spanish about Exodus 27 & 28, loops east/west. There are several SS on 1590 but none seem to fit by direxion, distance, format (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Loop DA notwithstanding, isn't Houston now SS religious?? Hard to say which is more useful, current format or Disney bullshit. A shame too, since 1590 was traditionally a fine R&B station back in the day (GREG HARDISON, CA, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1590, June 28 at 0154 UT, gospel huxter in English about holy spirit, loops about east-west like the Spanish I was getting almost 24 hours earlier. Greg Hardison reminds me that 1590 in Houston is now Spanish religion. Could be my DFing is getting skewed again. If it were Houston, they would have had to be on ND day pattern after sunset instead of night out into the Gulf (mutually protecting Great Bend which goes north?). At 0200, UT missed full ID (and could be a different station; meanwhile there was some sports talk at 0158 UT) but at ``9 pm`` they do refer in English to 103.7 FM. I don`t find any 1590/103.7 combo in the 2014 NRC AM Log. Anyone know of such a new match? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---