[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, June 26-July 2, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page36

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** MEXICO. 590, July 2 at 1101 UT, full ID from XEFD, Reynosa, Tamaulipas, ``info Rio Bravo``, atop Omaha or anything else shortly before sunrise here at 1118 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 660, June 26 at 0603, Chihuahua state anthem is playing, i.e. XEACB, La Lupe, Ciudad Delicias, 3/1 kW per Cantú (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710-, June 26 at 0602, quite a het on low side, certainly caused by XEDP, Ciudad Cuauhtémoc, Chihuahua, which at last check 72 hours earlier was on-frequency. You`ll recall we discovered in FCC Query data that XEDP has two different transmitter sites a considerable distance apart, ergo two different transmitters, one of which is off-frequency (it would be inconvenient to move it back and forth every few days). At 0604 I can make out the Mexican NA playing. Why don`t KCMO and KGNC raise a ruckus about this international incident? Ha (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710, July 2 at 1108 UT, super-patriotic ``Soy Soldado`` recitation again, from XEDP, Ciudad Cuauhtémoc, Chihuahua; not off frequency and no het. We also hear this around local midnight, 0600v UT, so presumably circa sign-off and sign-on; or every 5 or 6 hours too? Basta (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 900, July 2 at 1114 UT, ``Siempre 88-9`` mentioned during national weather info from Culiacán to Mérida, 6:14 TC; plug for Oaxaca, 1116 song clip of ``Day the Music Died`` in English, ``Siempre 88-9`` again, informativo, fading. Loops SSW and I figure it`s the usual XEOK Monterrey, but what FM is it relaying? XHM in the DF, which is an Acir station, and confirming here also on XEOK
http://siempre889.com/la-estacion/cobertura-nacional/
which however does not show the frequency for all of them (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1060, June 27 at 0203, tune-in to partial ID ``La Poderosa, 93.9, la estación de todos``, ranchera music. There are only two or three Mexicans on 1060, and it`s not XEEP, so likely the new XERDO in Reynosa. WTFDA and Cantú show two Poderosas on 93.9, one in León, the other in the XERDO area, Reynosa per Cantú, XHRAW but with power ironically missing; per WTFDA it`s in Ciudad Miguel Alemán, Tamaulipas with a paltry 2.6 kW on FM which is about right for a station needing to claim to be ``powerful``. But neither connects XHRAW with XERDO. Cantú had XERDO as La Radio in yet another border city, Matamoros, 7/2.5 kW. Could there be a USSS station on 1060 with a 93.9 FM? Doubtful; none known to NRC AM Log (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1300, June 27 at 0156, romantic music by Spanish soprano, seems SW, so I hope this early it`s something other than XEP, like some USSS station; 0158 CCI grows, but 0159 ``Radio Trece, presentó Radio México Noticias, tercera edición, Radio México, XEP, 1,300, desde Grupo Radio México, en Avenida`` [street address], in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua to the WSW. And then at 0200:00 sharp, drastic power cut but I can still barely hear it. Listed as 38 kW day, 200 watts night. They must have misautomated (antique: played the wrong cart) as if this were the end of a newscast rather than romx (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---