[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 22 January 2015

As others have noted, Walts conditions moved south today, and this was the the most interesting day of the year. Someone mentioned it was like October, and I'd have to agree. I had quite a bit of action on the X-band from Australia, something I generally never get in January, but quite often in Sep/Oct. I listened from 1430 to 1500, and in general the upper band was better, but it began to fade by 1450, whereas the lower band stations (mostly only carriers) improved after that. Apart from the audio listed below, lots of carriers, with a number close to audio. Oddly enough the Japanesee on 747/774/828 never reached audio, and weren't even overly strong as carriers.

594	JOAK, Japan	Woman in Japanese at 1443.  Pretty weak, but
			still the best in weeks (months?)

693	JOAB, Japan	Fist noted with a poor signal at 1445, with
			woman speaking, but gradually rose to good by
			1455, again, the best for ages.

801	unID		Traces of music noted at 1446.  No idea who
			this might be.

1242	JOLF, Japan	Woman talking in Japanese at 1445.   Mostly
			poor to fair, but up to good for brief spikes.

1422	JORF, Japan	Weak, with talk in Japanese by a man at 1445

1566	HLAZ, Korea	First observed at 1433, then mostly fair
			throughout the session.

1575  	VOA, Thailand	Fair to good with woman in Burmese at 1435.

1584    unID		Traces of music at 1444.

1593	unID		Traces of audio at 1436, but never got any
			better.

1611	unID		Traces of man talking at 1451.

1629	unID		Traces of audio at 1440.

1638	unID		Talk by a man at 1449.  Too weak to be sure of
		 	language, but Arabic would be my first guess.

1701.07	R.Brisvaani, Australia
			Presumed the one with south Asian music at
		 	1444.   Another station on 1701.02 rose atop
			briefly at 1449 with traces of music.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta