Re: [IRCA] Interesting TP from Arizona this morning

I've had more of a look at the SDR files for this morning's Asian opening.
My tuned loop has some broadband coverage, especially when operating at the
high end of the BCB, but I was optimized for ~1550 kHz, so the actual
conditions below ~1400 were better than implied by my recordings.  I have
local graveyarders within 2 miles at 1450 and 1490, so I'm being fairly
conservative when talking about carriers because I do sometimes get spurs,
plus other possible QRM from being indoors.  The second of two SDR files
ran from 1415-1438UT and had the best action.  The only audio worth
listening to was from 1566 HLAZ.  There was a nice overall peak ~10 minutes
before the 1434UT sunrise and considerable fading after that.

1242 good carrier at times
1287 maybe brief audio at 1422UT
1314 good carrier around 1424UT
1332 weak carrier
1404 possible very weak carrier
1422 strong carrier at times, maybe audio at 1427UT (weak audio in first
file)
1467 possible carrier at times
1503 possible weak carrier
1557 possible audio around 1427UT
1566 frequent audio; music at 1428UT
1575 weak carrier at times, but a lot of splatter from The Mouse
1584 possible carrier at times, but splatter again
1593 weak audio at least around 1425UT

Brian Rachford - Prescott, AZ
azswdxing@xxxxxxxxx
http://azswdxing.wordpress.com/