From: Nigel Pimblett <nige2730@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Aug 24, 2014 7:34 pm
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Oregon Cliff (Cape Perpetua) Ultralight TP's for 8-24

5CK has made it into Alberta, so I'd certainly agree that is a good
candidate.

73,

Nigel

On 24/08/2014 7:03 PM, Chuck Hutton wrote:
> Could be, but with the ABC mention I'd give serious consideration to the ABC
stations 4Ms and 5CK.

> Chuck
>
> To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [IRCA] Oregon Cliff (Cape Perpetua) Ultralight TP's for 8-24
> Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 00:41:44 +0000

editors, publishing staff, or officers

> --Forwarded Message Attachment--
> To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [IRCA] Oregon Cliff (Cape Perpetua) Ultralight TP's for 8-24
> From: d1028gary@xxxxxxx
> Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 20:41:40 -0400
>

> Chuck, Theo and Guy,
>
> Thanks very much for patiently listening to the 639 recording, and for your DU
English assessments (which certainly make sense, since there was DU propagation
around that time during the session).

> 639-2HC was heard at a strong level here at Cape Perpetua last August, so
that's probably the most likely suspect. If not for the wild wind howls (and
limited sleep), I might even have deciphered the DU English myself :-)

> Thanks, Gary  (in Yachats, OR)

Australia
> at :12.  There's a "the media" at 1:56... not that that helps except to prove
> English.
>
> Now to decide which tx?  Any of the three likelies would be great catches,
> considering it didn't seem to be a huge DU morning: 5CK?
>
> Theo
>
> Guy Atkins <dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I would agree with you, Chuck, it does sound like Aussie English. "ABC"
>> does sound possible at :08, and in fact I think I'm hearing "Australia"
>> mentioned at :12.
>>
>> Guy Atkins
>> Puyallup, WA
>>

>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> From: Chuck Hutton <charlesh3@xxxxxxx>
>>> To: "irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 22:16:58 +0000
>>> Subject: Re: [IRCA] Oregon Cliff (Cape Perpetua) Ultralight TP's for 8-24
>>> Gary -
>>>
>>> It's a poor signal so I can't be sure. I think it's Aussie English and
>>> think he says "ABC" at :08.
>>>
>>> Chuck

editors, publishing staff, or officers

editors, publishing staff, or officers