[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, May 9-15, 2014

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, May 9-15, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes  utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page22

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; or Sony SRF-59 as specified; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** CUBA. Re: ``1010, May 4 at 0558 UT, amid QRM I hear the ``RR`` Morse code ID of Radio Reloj; but WRTH 2014 shows no Cuban on this frequency! Nearest is 1020, 10 kW in Victoria de las Tunas; don`t think this was
bleedover to next channel. How about R. Reloj`s own frequency list?
http://www.radioreloj.cu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39:cadenas-de-trasmision-de-radio-reloj-por-am&catid=12:programacion-de-la-emisora-radio-reloj&Itemid=138
indeed shows Tunas on 1010, not 1020, with 5 kW (was the town named for a fishing tournament or a musical competition? Ask Ernest) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)``

Terry Krueger says Reloj, Jobabo, Las Tunas has been heard on 1010 since 1997, and there is another Reloj on 1020 somewhere in eastern Cuba (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 1620 kHz, May 9 at 0137 UT, as my streetlite ignites after LSS, dominant signal at tune-in is R. Rebelde FM ID and produxion credits; 0139 mentioning Día de las Madres, which is apparently coördinated with the Yanqui calendar! Unlike various other Latin countries. Convenient to be in step with the gusanos in Miami. Indeed not // R. Rebelde (AM) on 5025, 1180. How much of the time, or is it all the time that this 1620-AM carries the ``FM`` service? (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1721, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 850, May 9 at 0548 UT, extolling the benefits of leche materna, and Milenio Radio ID in passing, i.e. XEM Chihuahua2, at times even dominating KOA with a 4 Hz SAH. 1-A KOA`s coverage into neighboring New Mexico must be even more damaged by this, where nulling one or the other is not so easy (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---