[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, May 9-15, 2014

[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, May 9-15, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; or Sony SRF-59 as specified; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham,
which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and publications
in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page23

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified, separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** U S A. 690, May 14 at 0557 UT, open carrier presumed KGGF Coffeyville KS as the DF fits, not really off following their ``sign-off`` shortly after 0500 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 910, May 9 at 0559 UT amid the jumble, instead of Miamuh OK, I am hearing a promo/PSA for a university in Roswell (an ENMU campus?), KBIM radio mentioned, then full ID as KBIM 910 and FM xx.7, into ABC News. The original KBIM-FM was 94.9 and it got out well by tropo to the east, but I suppose they were divorced long ago. Now NRC AM Log shows the FM translator of 910 is on 93.7, K229BV, and 910 is only 500 watts at night with pattern a circle tangent south, no good for us; yet KVIS` pattern is a tight figure-8 toward Enid. Something seems amiss here with one or both, or just a propagational fluke (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1510-, May 9 at 0532, ESPN Radio is dominant, looping NE/SW, and about 5 seconds ahead of ESPN on 1500 KSTP. This is obviously KCTE Independence MO (circa Kansas City), 15 kW *daytimer* cheating yet *again*, *and*, *always* off-frequency far enough to cause an audible heterodyne. Poor WLAC doesn`t have a chance, only as a carrier to het. (And then there was another 1510 daytimer logged a few nights ago around midnite, WQQW circa St Louis, but not tonite). Who cares? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 960, May 14 at 0502 UT during KGWA Enid Fox-hole, among the sigs audible with KGWA hummy carrier nulled as much as possible, is one playing ``Let It Be`` instrumentally. I have heard this more than once during the hole, so it may be a midnite tradition at some station, possibly musical WABG Greenwood MS, tho it`s nominally Blues format. Or a (pseudo)-Catholic station? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED [and non]. 1120, May 15 at 0605 UT, romantic music in Spanish with KMOX easily nulled, otherwise making SAH of 5 Hz. Seems to alternate slow tunes with upbeat banda ones, segués, and fades during announcements. 0613 UT, ``La Nueva 11-20 AM``; next break a partial phone number (for requests?) -5100. I could not detect any certain religious overtones, tho some romantic-sounding tunes have lyrix that are axually lovesongs to Jesus.

So is it KEOR Catoosa/Tulsa (site really Sperry where we visited it), a.k.a. Radio Victoria, daytimer at night? The KMOX null to the SE is best for this, which is slightly south of east.

Or is it KTXW, Manor/Austin TX, new station from the south with 155 watts at night, which had been Spanish, but per a report in radio-insight.com was to change format May 12 to English religion, formerly on KLGO 1490? Is this confirmed around Austin?

Or neither? Anything happening with the ``silent as of Oct 2002`` (per NRC AM Log 2013) 250-watt daytimer, KLIM in Limón CO? Unlikely it`s a Mexican, as there are none in the north/east.

May 15 from 1650 to 1702 UT, I monitor by groundwave KEOR; for enough signal I have to use the caradio and drive around the block to find a quiet enough spot amid the neighborhood noise level. Mostly music which may be partly secular, one song about ``ruiseñor`` = nightingale, or were they saying ``Jesú-señor``? But after a 1656 UT ID as ``Radio Victoria, 11-20 --- esperanza``, definitely praise music with those key-shifts upward; 1701 UT ToH ID as ``Radio Victoria, KEOR, 11-20 AM, Tulsa, Oclajoma`` --- everything including the call letters pronounced only in Spanish; ads, and into talk show `Conflictos del Corazón` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---