Re: [IRCA] clips of 1710 in Scotland

On 04/10/2014 06:23 PM, Saul Chernos wrote:
I hear Mass. mentioned twice very clearly. That would not be NJ. The woman sounds like the voice I hear on the NJ TIS. I'm at Burnt River and have been trying to ID the new MA TIS and have had two English stations there but only IDing the NJ one so far. It doesn't help that my wellbrook flag is directionally away from MA, but we've still got several feet of slushy snow and I'm not wanting to turn it around as 99% of the DX I'm chasing is west and southwest. I had the TIS that was testing earlier, using this same antenna, in January / February so I'm sure it's a matter of time. I do think you've most certainly logged it, though...

I'm hearing the two TIS stations fighting it out with Celestial tonight. Generally the NJ TIS is winning, but I caught a clear "This is the Springfield Armory National Historic Site" a few minutes ago. If they can crack through my high noise level, they should be very widely heard indeed...

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  Ottawa, ON