[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, January 10-16, 2014

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, January 10-16, 2014

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page15

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only; or Sony SRF-59 as specified; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** MEXICO. 870, Jan 11 at 1335 UT, XETAR, YL in Spanish again enumerating all the rules about what kind of PSAs will be aired and what not; 1336 switch to Tarahumara language for OM talking about Universidad de Chipango(?) with web address; 1337 back to YL in Spanish with slow 6:34 TC, `El Mensajero de la Sierra` segment. Still in at 1350 recheck, mentioning events in Guachochi, bits of rustic music. I notice there is some hum only when her mic is open (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1700, Jan 13 at 0659 UT, Mexican NA, choral version, dominating E/W, but I might not have noticed XEPE with just more sports talk nonsense in English mixed vs different sports nets from Brownsville and Des Moines to the N/S. 0700 English ID as ``ESPN Radio 1700``; did not hear any call letters in any language, but maybe they were swallowed. It`s 10/10 kW from Tecate BCN; studios in San Diego, Alta California Sur. But how come they are playing NA at 11 pm local instead of midnite? (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1704, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1090, Jan 11 at 1356 UT, only weak signals, but one of them has a tone turning on and off every 20 to 25 seconds until 1400 when it`s fading or stops doing so. Maybe a Mexican or American daytimer`s prélude to the west of here? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)