[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, January 10-16, 2014

[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, January 10-16, 2014

All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only; or Sony SRF-59 as specified; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page19

These logs are in four sexions, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified, separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 740, Jan 16 at 0141 UT, commercial mentions KHDH.com, apparently something to do with winter travel rather than a radio station, despite the `calls`. No such website. Expecting to hear CFZM Toronto here mixing with KRMG Tulsa as usual, and so it is, onward to ads for what`s on CBC Television tonite, more Canadian stuff, and ``AM-740`` ID. Still, what`s this KHDH? Maybe a clue or ad on their website, http://www.zoomerradio.ca/ Nothing found for a travel biz to get out of Toronto; maybe I didn`t copy the letters correctly.

Searching on KHDH, I find that there is such a radio station, in Alberta, obviously not a real Canadian callsign:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/khdh-97-7-fm-the-nation-station-siksika-146
What nation would that be? A First one, a.k.a. Blackfoot.

Is there a real KHDH in the USA? Unknown to NRC AM Log, WTFDA FM Database, nor to FCC AM or FM Queries (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==================

** OKLAHOMA. 1580, Jan 12 at 2104 UT, just noise on the carrier from KOKB Blackwell, maybe dead/open STL, whilst sibling stations 1020 KOKP Perry and 105.1 KOSB Perry (originating in Stillwater) are nominal. Not unusual for something to go wrong with 1580 or 1020, unmanned? Such as dead air for hours (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 750, Jan 11 at 1344 UT a slow mariachi, then show name `Sábados Rancheros`, restaurant ad in 773 area code, La Condesa. Unseems N/S from KMMJ NE, which would minimize heavy talk-splash from 740 KRMG Tulsa, on 50 kW day pattern already from 1330. 773 gives it away as Chicago, i.e. the multi-lingual WNDZ Portage IN which I have also heard in Ukrainian, and which per NRC AM Log is ETH/brokered 15 kW daytimer with AM stereo (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1290, Jan 11 at 1404 UT ``Saturday Morning Mission Gospel Train`` is starting, whence? Mentions Wichita Falls and taking requests to 940-763-1290, so obviously KWFS, which I thought was news-talk. First guess at a website leads to ``The domain name KWFS.COM is for sale - Price US$9700`` No, thanks. I can see why they went with http://newstalk1290.com which sort of implies the format is News/talk.

Their so-called schedule for Saturday skips this part, nothing displayed between C2CAM at midnight, and American-Liberty at 11 am [17 UT]. Admitting they broadcast gospel music would tarnish their image of far-right talk shows --- Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin and Cain! and thus their ``news`` is also unavoidably tainted (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1660, Jan 10 at 0645 UT among the CCI, ID for some station on ``1660 AM dial and 99.1 FM dial``. That should be easy to match, but no such FM // for the 1660 stations in the 2013 NRC AM Log. So I search the WTFDA FM Database for 99.1 stations in the same towns as 1660 stations: the only match is translator K256BW in Waco TX, but unlike some FCC FM Query listings, does not show what station it relays. Then I go to KRZI website,
http://www.1660espn.com/
which does show 99.1 also, so that`s it.

BTW, the WTFDA FM DB now includes Mexico as well as Canada. BT2W, on 1660, one often hears True Oldies music matching local 1640 KZLS, and in that case it`s KQWB West Fargo ND (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1090, Jan 11 at 1356 UT, only weak signals, but one of them has a tone turning on and off every 20 to 25 seconds until 1400 when it`s fading or stops doing so. Maybe a Mexican or American daytimer`s prélude to the west of here? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)