Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 12-22

Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 12-22

<<<   Now it's light, I'm going to need to go out and check my antennas
Gary.    In Victoria, this morning was a complete hound, so far as I
can tell, particularly near sunrise.  The signal strength recorder
says that I may have had audio traces on 774 828 and 1566 at various
times, and I did hear some weak music on 1287 around 1550UT, but
otherwise....even the carriers were weak.   >>>

Hmm-- that's weird, Nick. Some pretty strong recordings on 594 and 1593 were made here this morning, and 603 had its fair moments also.

It might be the common winter situation where the more southerly the location, the better the DX (with the "border" somewhere between us-- maybe around Blaine? :-)  Often this has happens to me, with Dennis in Kalama reporting a great variety of DX, leaving me wondering how I somehow missed the boat.

The strangest example of this was probably on August 19th this summer, my last day at Cape Perpetua, Oregon (about halfway down the Oregon coast). I remember that you reported one of the worst days of the summer, while Dennis reported some interesting signals. Farther down south, I had S9+ signals from both Asians and DU's. Weird!

73, Gary

Now it's light, I'm going to need to go out and check my antennas
Gary.    In Victoria, this morning was a complete hound, so far as I
can tell, particularly near sunrise.  The signal strength recorder
says that I may have had audio traces on 774 828 and 1566 at various
times, and I did hear some weak music on 1287 around 1550UT, but
otherwise....even the carriers were weak.

best wishes,

Nick