[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, November 29-December 5, 2013

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, November 29-December 5, 2013

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes
utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page15

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only; or Sony SRF-59 as specified; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** CUBA. 530, Nov 30 at 0125 on caradio I am getting two stations in Spanish, mixed with the fast SAH from presumed remnant of K530AM Vance AFB Enid, which has ceased modulating. One is obviously Enciclopedia, mostly music, and the other is continuous talk, sounds Cuban too; think I hear ``Radio Angulo`` mentioned, but surely only a passing reference rather than ID. One other is listed, a R. Rebelde in Guantánamo, which is a long way from here. When I get home, I can`t hear it on the DX-398 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 660, Dec 5 at 0711 as I tune in, ID amid banda music as ``La Kaliente 102.9``; dominant signal at the moment vs IBOC noise from 670 WSCR. Let`s see, which one uses that slogan, which I naturally assume must be misspelt with a K instead of a C, in an effort to appear ``kool``, just like with Ke Buena instead of Q? Cantú reveals immediately:
660 XEEY La Kaliente + FM 102.9 Aguascalientes, Ags. 50,000 10,000
It`s running ten times the night power of any other XE on 660 if the listings can be believed, tho one other has a 50 kW daytime transmitter, XEDTL in the DF (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 730, Dec 5 at 1254 UT, VG dominant signal with Xmas songs in Spanish, ``La Ke Buena 107.1`` ID, i.e. XEHB in Chihuahua. IRCA Log 2012 had this as only 1000/300 watts from San Francisco del Oro; while Cantú is much more like it:
730 XEHB Ke buena + FM 107.1 Hidalgo del Parral, Chih. 50,000 1,000
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 780, Dec 1 at 0125 UT, Spanish music looping N/S, over WBBM as that can be only heard with this partially nulled. Music stops and starts again; 0128 SHVA ID as ``La Poderosa``, as already linked to XESFT San Fernando, Tamaulipas, despite that slogan lacking in the main references (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 950, Dec 1 at 0123 UT, song in Spanish, segué to ranchera, on top for a while. If looping SSW can be relied on, most likely XERN, Radio Naranjera, Monterrey NL (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1300, Dec 1 at 0116 UT, romantic music in Spanish from WSW is dominant signal, as if XEP Juárez is still on 38 kW day power; 0117 ID as R. Trece seems undermodulated by comparison to the music but signal is also suddenly weaker, as if they just got around to switching to night power 500 watts (per IRCA; WRTH says only 50 kW); into ads under too much QRM now (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1570, Dec 5 at 1249 UT, XERF is still playing ``Mañanitas`` at this hour, heartfelt song, a tradition to gently awaken a child at sunrise on its birthday; and still following at 1251 with ``servicio social`` segment as frequently repeated, missing persons as far away as California, with phone numbers to call, and lost-and-found items such as documents (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 2910, Dec 5 at 1215 UT, JBA talk, 1217 music probably part of ad, back to talk. Surely the oft-heard but always-weak third harmonic of XEVT, 970, Villahermosa, Tabasco (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Atlantic MW carrier search, Nov 29 at 0115-0120 UT: as usual start with 1521 and there it is, no doubt Saudi. Then stepping downward thru entire band: 1503, 1215, 909, 882, 693. Also thru longwave broadcast band with no results (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. TP carrier search Nov 29 at 1314-1319 UT: 594, 612, 693, 774, 828, 1422. Strongest were 693 and 774; maybe with more gain could have pulled some NHK audio. Sunrise here today 1323 (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. TP carrier search Nov 30 at 1323: JBA on 594, but no others found at sunrise by 1053 where I stop (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. TP carrier search Dec 5 at 1238-1242: JBA on 594, 693, 774, 882. I was wondering why we haven`t had any Trans-Pacific logs lately from my neighbor Richard Allen near Perry OK:

``Hi to all the TP DXers. It's going to be some time before I can rejoin you. I had reconstructive surgery on my right ankle last and am still in hospital. Will be in recovery and out of action until the end of the year. Best wishes for good DX (Richard Allen, Nov 22, IRCA)``
Get well, Richard! (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)