Re: [IRCA] [Amdx] Oman on 1278

Thank you Marc. At least something exciting out of the slump...

Sylvain

Le 2013-11-29 15:12, Marc DeLorenzo a écrit :
Great catch, Sylvain!

Marc DeLorenzo
South Dennis, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
  http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?228-DeLorenzo-s-Classic-DX

-----Original Message-----
From: Sylvain Naud <sylvainnaud62@xxxxxxxxx>
To: International Radio Club of America <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; AM WTFDA <amdx@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Nov 28, 2013 1:22 pm
Subject: [IRCA] Oman on 1278

Hi All,
I had the great surprise to hear last night, Radio Sultanate of Oman on
278 KHz likely during a transmitter dawn enhancement as it faded out
apidly near the end of the gray zone. RSO transmit with a "modest"
ower for Middle-East standards, of 100 kW.
Tarek Zeidan of Egypt just confirmed to me that both accent and style of
he program aired don't belong to Egypt, so Oman is the only Arabic
andidate left on this channel. Furthermore, according to many lists,
gypt starts at 3:00 UTC while my recording was at 2:31 UTC.
nfortunately, Tarek didn't find any ID within this clip.
BBC WS on 1413 also showed up along with a few Saudis, notably on 1449
hich is a new log for me.
The type of program drew my attention as it sounded different from what
'm used to hear from the Middle-East. One of my farthest so far, with
0700 Km / 6650 miles:
http://www.quebecdx.com/oman_1278.mp3  (As the clip progress, it gains
n strength)
Sylvain Naud
ortneuf, QC
Perseus + 950ft Beverage @ 55 degrees
FJ-1026 with Connelly's LF mods + 100ft longwire