[IRCA] Alberta TP/DU for 22 Nov 2013

Well, the blanket lifted a little bit here today, after a few days of virtually no TP audio. Didn't start until late (1415), but at that time had JOBB from Japan on 828 with fair audio. For some reason 774 JOUB, which is most often the kingpin, was only an anemic carrier. A few minutes later HLAZ on 1566 was noted with fair audio, improving to good by 1430. By 1445 I had also noted audio from 1575 VOA Thailand, China CNR1 on 1593, and the Japanese on 693 and 774 (which eventually rose to a weak audio level, but remained weaker than 828 throughout the session). In general the high band was much better than the low, with plenty of carriers above about 1100 khz. The second tier Japanese on 1242, 1287, 1422 were very close to audio at times. I suspect the coast enjoyed a much better day today than yesterday.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore ,Alberta