[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, August 30-September 5, 2013

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, August 30-September 5, 2013

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC,
also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several
archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting two years ago are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page15

** MEXICO. 660, Sept 4 at 0511, break in Mexican music for ID mentioning FM 102.9. Best place to look up AM/FM parallels is
http://www.mexicoradiotv.com/frec_am.htm
where we find:
``660 XEEY La Kaliente + FM 102.9 Aguascalientes, Ags. 50,000 10,000``
so
 if the powers are to believed it`s also the most potent XE at night on
660. Monterrey and Delicias are more common here. This was dominating
for a while, then over to KSKY (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

``LA
 MERA JEFA`` Re: ``MEXICO. 680, August 29 at 1157 UT, ``La Mera Jefa``
ID atop the QRM, i.e. XEORO in Guasave, Sinaloa, 1/0.5 kW per IRCA Log.
Would someone idiomatically translate this slogan, also used by other
Mexicans? My dixionary doesn`t even have mera, instead meramente which
obviously means merely (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)``

The
 adjective mero, mera in the feminine form, is an intensifier meaning
mere, pure. In Mexico and areas of Mexican influence this word is
frequently used and so, when doubled, it has acquired the additional
meaning of "real Mexican", for instance in the phrase la música mera
mera, which suggests real Mexican music. Incidentally, WBQH on 1050,
serving Washington DC, uses the slogan La mera mera.

A station,
una emisora, is a feminine word and so it makes sense to attach a
feminine tag to a non-sensical callsign, especially if the adjective is a
 bit ambiguous and if it leaves the listener thinking.  Cases in mind
are words implying "mistress", such as la favorita, la consentida, la
predilecta or terms suggesting "leadership", for instance la poderosa,
la campeona, la jefa. La jefa is the chief, the boss, and so La mera
jefa will be understood as the the top leader or real leader of the
group (Henrik Klemetz, Suecia, Aug 31, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Tnx,
 Henrik! I suspected the answer would come from you. I was thinking some
 other Mexistations used this monicker, but searching thru the FM and AM
 cuadrantes at Cantú finds only the FM side of this one on 93.7, XHEORO.
 Maybe there are some more United Statsians using ``mera`` somehow (gh)

**
 MEXICO. 990, Sept 4 at 1212 UT, fast SAH from Spanish heading E/W
rather than N/S, talking about the ``Valle de Mexicali`` and
earthquakes; 1215 into song. Must be per Cantú:
``990 XECL La Rocola Mexicali, B.C. 1,400 3,000``
 few minutes earlier, shortly after sunrise here, the usual NW Mexicans
were still in weakly on 650, 710, 730, 870 (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF
RADIO 1685, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1050, Sept 4 at 1216
UT, mentions California, Spanish timecheck for 6:16 plus some seconds,
music. At first I thought it was XED Mexicali, like on 990, but it`s
only 5:16 there, so must be per Cantú the other 10 kW ``daytimer``:
``1050 XEBCS La Radio de Sudcalifornia La Paz, B.C.S. 10,000 D``
There
 are no other XEs in the UT-6 zone now. Followed at 1218 a federal PSA
mentioning Chilpancingo, Guerrero, which of course is no clue to the
origin of this (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1685, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 2910, Sept 5 at 1134 UT, M&W alternating
with local news in Spanish, peaks around 1137, fading 1140 with
timecheck as they go into ads with music bits. Awake early enough today a
 semihour before local sunrise, I again seek this regular third harmonic
 as heard last season from XEVT, 970, Villahermosa, Tabasco, surely same
 again with recognizable format. Still fighting atmospheric noise level
and local line noise or something cutting on and off. This was first
heard Dec 28, 2012 as in DXLD 13-01, then frequently logged in Jan, Feb
and Mar, last heard April 27. DST schedule is approx 10-05 UT (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)