[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, August 1-8, 2013

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, August 1-8, 2013

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

UNIDENTIFIED. 710, August 1 at 0503 UT, really annoying low audible heterodyne (LAH) produced by off-frequency station, loops NE/SW, and I continue to suspect XEDP Cuauhtémoc, altho there are three or four other XEs in that general direxion (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 710, August 3 at 0605 UT, Spanish M&W chatting, making a SAH, not a LAH, but soon losing out to two US stations, one with Red Eye, one with C2CAM (as always giving different phones for east and west of the Rockies, unlike any other talkshow?). 710 previously had been bothered by low audible heterodyne from SW/NE, but no sign of it now, so that station probably XE, has either fixed it or signed off by now, after midnite in most of Mexico. XEDP usually manages to dominate among the Mexicans on 710. Don`t think it was Cuba now (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710, Aug 4 at 0558 UT, still trying to confirm the source of the off-frequency station producing a LAH to other 710s: slightly on the low side, the Chihuahua anthem is playing. It finishes at 0600 and the het goes off. The only Chih is XEDP Ciudad Cuauhtémoc. Yet I hear it other times with no het, such as 1140 UT August 4 with 20:6 timecheck, jingle as ``La Ranchera de Cuauhtémoc``. So I remain uncertain (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 850, August 4 at 1144 UT, rock music in English is audible with KOA nulled (hardly necessary weak, SAH), fades completely out at 1145, surges 1148, YL partial ID as ``Radio Alegre``, fades out again. Looped approx. NE/SW. Could be US or Mexican? No such slogan found on 850 in any of the lists or general Googling (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 850, August 5, I had tuned in again before 0600 UT to rock music in English with KOA easily nulled; fortunately roused at 0607 to hear YL non-ID as ``Milenio Radio en medio de la noche``, so it`s XEM Chihuahua as suspected. I haven`t got a handle on what format Milenio employs, as have heard a variety. Anyhow, this one is not ``MEX/NWS`` as in IRCA Mexican Log 2012; it does have the correct slogan, unlike WRTH 2013 showing the former ``Renacimiento 850``. Cantú just shows:
``850 XEM Milenio Radio + FM 103.7 Chihuahua, Chih. 5000 500``
while IRCA and WRTH claim the powers are 5000/1000 (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1681, DX LISTENING DIGEST)