[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK June 14-20, 2013

[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK June 14-20, 2013

All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only; or Sony SRF-59 as specified; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

These logs are in four sexions, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified, separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 960, June 17 at 0500 UT, KGWA Enid is providing a Fox-hole again (some recent unlogged dates it`s axually kept modulating), but nothing significant heard in its absence; however, at 0504 well before the usual cut-back-on time of 0505, a NWS severe weather warning fires starting with annoying sounder: it`s nice to know this still worx. Robot mentions numerous counties affected, appending ``in Northwest Oklahoma`` to each one of them --- we know that! Maddening delays to finishing the warning. ``All in NW Oklahoma`` would have been sufficient. Finally after 0506, KGWA rejoins regular programming (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1460, June 14 circa 0005 UT, KZUE El Reno interrupts Spanish for canned announcement in English about license renewal, saying it ``will expire`` on June 1, 2013! We`ve heard it before, since they returned after being knocked off the air several days following the tornado. Usual FCC-mandated boilerplate about listener comments whether it has operated in public interest, etc. So they are operating on expired license now??

This is nothing new for KZUE. The last time around, in 2005, they failed to file properly for renewal on time, and were fined $4,000 (reduced from $7,000), as in the latest letter in their correspondence file, from almost two years ago:
http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/getimportletter_exh.cgi?import_letter_id=26577

It looks like they are in a similar situation now, which certainly predated the tornado in late May, so that cannot be used as an excuse (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1640, June 18 at 1154 UT, KOAG is suffering from self-imposed big buzz much of the time including now.

1120, June 18 at 1201 UT no signal from KEOR, nor have we heard it the past few days at random daytime chex (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

======================

** U S A. 960, June 15 at 0503-0505, mostly blues music in mix, presumably WABG Greenwood MS, during Fox-hole from local KGWA-960: no modulation and carrier remains weaker than usual, easier to null and hear other stations even outside of exact null. Also tonight there is hardly any T-storm noise, which occasionally happens during the summer, just too far away to bother much here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 990, Saturday June 15 at 0511, gospel(?) huxter in Spanish, well atop XET ``La T Grande`` de Monterrey; very strange: refers to Jewish-like stuff including ``sétimo día``, Shabat, Torah, Yahweh, Yeshua, Moshiach; frequent Bible/Torah citations, not only old testament such as Levítico, but also New, such as Mateo, Hechos. Must be some Messianic cult, ``Christian Jews`` --- but NEVER heard a mention of Jesucristo by name, altho several mentions of ``Los profetas``.

Was listening first on a fixed radio aimed north/south. Strangely, this was taking turns with XET fading in and out, quite rapidly. First one, then another. See MEXICO.

Switching to the DX-398 for some DFing, the religious station loops considerably east of XET, i.e. like SE (or NW), so can hardly be from Mexico too. I can still hear it with XET nulled. Still going past 0530, and at 0541 now there is background music as the preacher says he`s from Ciudad de Tehuacán, Puebla. Originally, or originating there now? There is certainly no 990 station in Puebla.

Dozed off thru hourtop, but awakened by horns blaring at 0615 and with a .mx website. No sign tonight of CBW, the usual competitor in the nightmiddle for 990 with XET, but now the religious station is usually atop. I figure it must be KFCD Farmersville, Texas, which is mostly religious but seldom audible at night, having cut from 7000 to 970 watts. This is one of the frequencies hijacked from original Wichita Falls KNIN to The Metroplex.

We find its website with program schedule at:
http://www.kfcd990.com/
Showing not only Saturday, but every day:
12 AM - 7 AM Radio Kadosh [= 05-12 UT]

There is also a Radio Kadosh on Facebook, but apparently Brazilian;
another in Costa Rica. And a Stereo Kadosh in Santo Domingo, DR, with Bible quotation in Hebrew. Kadosh means holy or consecrated.

Altho KFCD is mostly Spanish and mostly religion, it`s ``multi-cultural`` so we find something else on their Sunday schedule at 20-01 UT Mondays, probably in Amharic or the like:

Sunday
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm "Radio Mekete"
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm "Ethiopian Women Organization"

But why am I hearing KFCD so well now? NRC Pattern Book shows at night it all goes SE, while day pattern is NW/SE. Therefore, must now be on day pattern if not also day power. Homepage radio-locator.com map shows ``fringe coverage`` even past Oklahoma City in daytime. Maybe, but KTOK 1000 could be a bit of a problem around The Metro (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 990, June 20 at 1144 UT, ad for First United Methodist Church of Monnett; therefore it is KRMO Cassville MO, 2.5 kW non-direxional in daytime, per NRC AM Log, but with street and P O Box addresses in Monnett, which is in the southwest corner of Missouri. I don`t recall ever hearing it before, but my log does as in DXLD 10-44:
``990, Oct 29 [2010] at 1300 UT, joint ID for AM 990 KRMO Cassville MO and AM 940 KSWM Aurora MO`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1440, June 18 at 1146 UT, strong signal in Spanish tho with periodic total fadeouts; 6-note sounder between news items which I think used to be among the Media Network flourishes, even tho they exhibit notes of finality. Surely this is the usual KTNO in The Metroplex, TX, on 50 kW day power, but it`s mostly religious and --- all the news items are about México! So I keep listening; 1151 ID as ``Noti-Sistema informó``, and then ``Radio Luz 1440 AM y 102.5 FM`` IDs, the latter being a mere translator, so yes, it is KTNO. 1152 Spanish ad for ``Celebrate Freedom`` concert, noon June 29 at South Fork Ranch, sponsored by Radios Luz and KLTY 94.9; 1153 non-Mexican weather.

It seems that Notisistema originates in Guadalajara, providing both local and ``red nacional`` news podcasts, as in
http://www.notisistema.com/noticias/seccion/noticieros/
Make that ``internacional`` if not Aztlán (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1440, June 19 at 0524 UT as I tune by, ``Big Talker 14-40, KMAJ``. I don`t often hear this, and here`s why: NRC Pattern Book shows both day and night it aims northwest from Topeka KS, supposedly quite a side null toward Enid (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)