[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, December 21-27, 2012

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, December 21-27, 2012

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only. Or Sony SRF-59 when specified.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

** MEXICO. 540, Dec 25 at 0611 UT, convenient ID at tune in for ``La Ranchera de Paquimé``, i.e. XETX, 5 kW at Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chihuahua, as heard a few times before.

Is dominating frequency, making one wonder what has become of 150 kW XEWA San Luís Potosí? This non-direxional behemoth really isn`t getting out, so I suspect it`s on much reduced power or some other problem. I remember visiting their huge single tower many years ago with the spark gap at the base (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 540, Dec 26 at 0627 UT tune-in, once again ID without even trying from La Ranchera de Paquimé, Chihuahua, also mentioning FM 90.7, and XETX is dominating the frequency; where`s XEWA? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific carrier search just before local 1340 UT sunrise here Dec 21, at 1332-1336: very weak carriers detected on 747, 774, 828, 873, 882, 972, 1053, 1566; and maybe on 612, 693 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX-398, DX LISTENING DIGEST)