[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, December 14-20, 2012

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, December 14-20, 2012

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only. Or Sony SRF-59 when specified.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

** MEXICO. 720, Dec 14 at 1328 UT, a couple of federal PSAs, about safety and the laudable Cámara de Diputados, 1329 ``Regresamos: 7-20 Extremo`` a bit of `Mona Lisa` tune as theme? Then talk about Ixtapaluca (I think, or similar Aztec place). This is XEJCC in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, which WRTH 2013 shows as 1 kW fulltime, while Cantú still lists as 1,000 watts day, 1,0000 [sic] watts night. Anyhow it is dominant on frequency for the moment close to sunrise here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 730, Dec 17 at 0631 UT, ``La Ke Buena`` with full FM & AM IDs on the half-hour, mentions 25 kW, Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua, time as 11:31, back to lively music. Not sure if the 25 kW referred to FM 107.1 or AM. But Cantú shows XHEHB on 107.1 with 25 kW; and on AM:
730 XEHB Ke buena + FM 107.1 Hidalgo del Parral, Chih. 50,000 1,000
and with their dominant signal, we strongly suspect a lot more than 1 kW at night.

Yet new IRCA Mexican log shows only 1000/300 watts and schedule at 13-01 UT only, from former location San Francisco del Oro. What about WRTH 2013? 50/1 kW, H del P. Cantú shows zero radio stations in SF del Oro now (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1040, Dec 17 at 0602 UT, ``Chihuahua, Chihuahua`` mentioned in WHO null, so safe to assume it`s the usual per Cantú:
1040 XEHES Romántica + FM 94.1 Chihuahua, Chih. 5,000 250

The new IRCA Mexican Log 2012 has arrived, so I will be comparing Cantú and WRTH info with it. For XEHES, IRCA shows: 5000 250 Radiorama Siglo 21, 24h irreg, ROM format, CIMA net, // 94.1 FM (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Domestic MW reception was below normal today, and was not getting much from Korea on 2850, but around sunrise at 1332-1337 UT Dec 14, tried some trans-Pacific MW frequencies anyway, and to my surprise there were several carriers as I then stepped thru the entire band: 594, 693, 747, 774, 1566, 1575 (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)