 From: Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, 20 November 2012, 18:58
Subject: [IRCA] NW Storm Update
  After sending the emails yesterday, shortly after that the wind reallypicked up and gusts were around 100 MPH. One was clocked at 101 MPH onthe Megler Bridge (Astoria), and Naselle Ridge in SW WA got one at 114MPH.  Mt. Hebo South, had 106 MPH.  and out went the power a bit after 8AM. The power was finally restored after 4 AM this morning, so it wasoff for 16+ hours. At the peak 32,500 were without power in ClatsopCounty.  Fortunately these Pacific storms are warm, so the house temponly got down to 64F. All of the 3 AM's were off including the EASstation KAST! Since KAST/KVAS/FMs moved to Warrenton, when they losepower and then they cannot get the microwave signal over to the TXsites. They were better off at their old QTH, where the tower of KASTwas right behind the building, but their new digs it makes it harder tooperate. Most of the FMs were off too, except for KMUN and they tookover the job of giving out info as they also did in 2007.    This
 was a doosy of a storm, one of the worst. It did not go on aslong as the one did in 2007, fortunately, but it took a lot of treesdown and that it what distroyed the power. The powerlines stayed upfine, but not when a tree falls acress them.  All of my antennas came through fine including my dishes. I lost alittle roofing off my shed, which is easy to fix and no leaks in it.    But this is another storm to remember. Thank the Lord I got throughit safe and sound. But there were some that were killed with trees thatfell across them and even crushed a few cars and houses. 73,Patrick  Patrick MartinSeaside ORKGED QSL Manager_______________________________________________IRCA mailing listIRCA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://montreal.kotalampi.com/mailman/listinfo/ircaOpinions expressed in messages on this mailing list are those of the original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officersFor more
 information: http://www.ircaonline.org/To Post a message: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx