[IRCA] Is my only option to junk this radio?

[IRCA] Is my only option to junk this radio?

I wouldn't junk it, if you have no space for it put it on ebay with no reserve and pickup only, start the bidding at 10 bucks. I don't think it's especially valuable but you might get a few bucks for it and you will have saved another neat old radio from oblivion. There are collectors who can salvage the cabinet, reglue ghe veneer and restore it electrically etc. I have a couple of old consoles and they are really good sensitive radios with good sound. My first DX machine when I was a kid was an RCA-811K, still got it, I got KSL Salt Lake City on it one night in 1977 with a 400' LW antenna, also got 75 countries shortwave. I moved quite a bit back then and lugged it everywhere I went.

Bob Young
Millbury, Ma
KB1OKL