[IRCA] TP for 20 Nov 2012; Victoria version

[IRCA] TP for 20 Nov 2012; Victoria version

A more interesting morning, as I started writing this sitting and listening to
the music box s/off finishing off on JOIB-747 at 1545UT, and 1566 had weak talk
still, in spite of the local noise having kicked in.   There was a fairly
intense enhancement for a few minutes just before 1510UT, mostly affecting the
upper band, though the big guns poked up from time to time in the lower band.
These weren't strong signals, just a fair number of them, and I probably should
listen to the recording this evening over that few minutes.  I listened earlier
as well, but just the big guns at low level.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least
briefly):

none

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a
native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

1566 HLAZ  man in CC 1513UT

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or
noise could be
understood by a native speaker:

none

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by
cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

594 JOAK woman speaking JJ cadence 1422UT
747 JOIB man and woman talking 1421UT //774  (also heard after 1500UT
774 JOUB man and woman talking 1421UT //747, deep in splash
828 JOBB woman talking //747 at 1425UT
1242 man talking 1511UT, big carrier, but too much splash for readability; JOLF
is the usual suspect
1287 man talking 1426UT , likely JOHR
1314 woman talking, then a man, at 1508UT,  cadence of speech sounded CC to me
however, and I'm wondering if there were two stations there, with one maybe
CNR1??? Worth a second listen I think.
1422 JORF? 1501UT man and woman talking, hard to tell cadence of speech in the
splash though; big carrier
1494 man talking, then woman at 1509UT, but no sign of potential parallel on
1287; may have been a second station there also.
1503 JOUK woman talking at 1514UT, //594
1575 man talking 1513UT, VoA?
1593 CNR1 woman talking //6125, 1504UT

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

1359 1386

best wishes,

Nick
--