[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, October 19-25, 2012

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, October 19-25, 2012

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

** CUBA. 1080, Oct 25 at 0525, Spanish talk looping SE, and SAHing KRLD at the rate of 80 per minute, same rate as in previous Oct 14 log when I thought I heard a ``Radio Ciudad de la Habana`` ID instead of listed Radio Cadena Habana, so I am hoping to confirm that. The CM conveniently fades up but inconveniently starts playing music, past 0530 when KRLD is regaining (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 540, Oct 25 at 1227, YL DJ with ID as ``La Ranchera de Paquimé``, i.e. per Cantú:
540 XETX La Ranchera de Paquimé + FM 90.5 Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chih. 1,000 250
As this little station again dominates the channel in just the right pre-sunrise conditions. What or where is Paquimé? It`s an archaeological zone around NCG; interesting illustrated article:
http://www.desertusa.com/mag00/aug/stories/paquime.html
So another DX log turns into a learning experience
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 650, Oct 24 at 1233 UT, starting(?) 60-minute morning news called `Altavoz` on ``Radio K``, from Sinaloa, mentioning that DST ends this Saturday night (like Europe, a week earlier than in the USA, and Mexican border areas). So it`s the usual XETNT, Los Mochis (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 690, Oct 23 at 0605 UT, ``La 69, Siempre Deportiva``, and repeat of a Jacobo Zabludovsky show which originally aired 12 hours earlier at 1 pm; loops N/S, and Cantú shows:
690 XEN La 69 México, DF 100,000 5,000
Last summer I heard him in the afternoon on some FM DX
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, Oct 23 at 0544 UT, in WLW null, interview about escuelas en la República Mexicana. If it were not for the night power of only 150 watts, I would choose R. Red as the most likely talker vs several music stations listed in Cantú:
700 XEDKR Radio Red AM Guadalajara, Jal. 10,000 150
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 760, UT Friday Oct 19 at 0525, Spanish sermon from the Libro de Jueces, sobre Deborah, from the SW. Don`t usually hear Spanish religion here, but the #1 XE heard on 760 is Chihuahua2, and sure enough this matches the somewhat disjointed program grid at
http://www.antena760.com/programacion.php

For Monday-Thursday[?] local CST starting in the pm:
11:00-11:30    Programación Católica
11:30-12:00 am Hombre Nuevo con el padre Rivas
So per Cantú this is:
760 XEES Antena + FM 102.5 Chihuahua, Chih. 10,000 1,000
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 770, Oct 19 at 1231 UT ``Los 40 Principales``, also mentions Grupo Chávez and Radio K, from SW, separable from weak KKOB, presumed night-only Santa Fe 230 watt co-channel relay. Cantú:
770 XEREV Los 40 Principales + FM 104.3 Los Mochis, Sin. 5,000 100
It`s obviously in the same group as XETNT 650, where we also hear Chávez and Radio K mentioned, shared website emphasizing FM sides:
http://www.promored.com.mx/
Searching that website, no hits on ``Radio K``, ``Radio Ka`` or ``Radio Ca``, so am I mishearing that, or what? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 850, Oct 24 at 0538 UT with SAH in KOA null, 11:37 timecheck, Milenio Radio ID; 0539 full ID for XHHEM which is on 103.7,  and XEM 850, Milenio Radio, Chihuahua. Almost-CST timecheck indicates local origination rather than DF relay (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 990, Oct 24 at 0602 UT, choral NA loops WSW, 0603 fanfare and on to super-patriotic and militaristic ``Soy Soldado`` recitation (which does not refer to selling soybeans); 0607 Chihuahua state anthem. Had CBW nulled at first with a fast SAH, 15 Hz or so, but it was still taking over after 0605 with `The World` as we already hear on KOSU at 1906 UT M-F. Per Cantú this is:
990 XEER ER Estereo Romance + FM 92.9 Cd. Cuauhtémoc, Chih. 5,000 250
So not bad for 250 watts vs 50 kW CBW, XET and everything else (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1010, Oct 24 at 0617 UT, nulling Spanish religion from E/W, presumably Arizona, see USA, there is sports talk in Spanish mentioning Guadalajara, Jalisco, and 0618 even ``gooooooooooooooal``, tho surely a clip and not a live fútbol game at this hour. Cantú:
1010 XEHL TDW Guadalajara, Jal. 50,000 5,000
Probably // XEX 730, unchecked (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1170, Oct 22 at 1241 UT, Spanish mentions Chihuahua, and then a song about it, but not the state anthem. In KFAQ Tulsa null, where often at night I can hear Mexican music, but never IDed which of the nine stations listed (two of which are allegedly daytimers). Trouble is, there are none in Chihuahua. At sunrise here I would pick the mostly likely pair from Cantú as:
1170 XEMDA La Ley   Monclova, Coah. 1,000 500
1170 XERT  Ke buena Reynosa, Tamps. 5,000   D
Another clue: makes 160/minute SAH with KFAQ, i.e. two and two-thirds Hz. Now if we only had a reference with such frequency precision
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1570, Oct 22 at 0545 UT, XERF, caught tail of promo announcement about digital radio plans, ``No se realizarán de noche a mañana``, and HD/iBoc is gratuita once you have a receiver for it. I assume this refers to AM rather than FM, as IMER is converting all its stations to IBOC, but good to know they will turn it off at night! Or is this a national rule applying to all XE IBOCs on AM? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific carrier search around sunrise Oct 24, 1242-1244 UT, finds only 972 from the NW, weaker 738 from the west. Likely the sesquimegawatt HLCA, KBS in Korea South, and 20 kW Tahiti, respectively (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)