[IRCA] TP Sept 26, 2012 / Victoria version

[IRCA] TP Sept 26, 2012 / Victoria version

I'm not sure I was as impressed as others were by conditions this morning. I did some listening before 1300UT, and there were good solid signals from the big guns, and some reasonable longwave reception as well. But the sunrise enhancement, although presenting good signals from such as 972 and 774, didn't really deliver a lot of identifiable second string stuff here. Maybe I need to listen to the recordings a bit more, hi.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least
briefly):

189 R. Rossii slow instrumental mx at 1256UT //279
774 JOUB CC lessons man and woman at 1350UT
972 HLCA man in KK 1247UT, also 1351UT
1053 jammer at 1340UT

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a
native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

594 JOAK man in JJ 1342UT
747 JOIB man in JJ, woman in CC, lessons at 1342UT //828
828 JOBB at 1342UT, //747
1287 JOHR man in JJ at 1248UT
1566 HLAZ woman in CC briefly at 1356UT; I thought this was best signal for this broadcast yet this season, but in fact, a check of yesterday's recording shows it was even louder then at 1347UT, word perfect, louder than the JJ program got all morning.

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be
understood by a native speaker:

153 R. Rossii  piano mx //189 1249UT
180 R. Rossii piano mx //189 1249UT
279 R. Rossii piano mx //189 1249UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by
cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

234 R. Rossii piano mx //189 1251UT
558 man talking slowly at 1339, possibly KK rather than JJ?
567 JOIK woman in JJ //594
612 likely 4QR w/DU sounding man at 1410UT (cheated a bit here and listened only to the recording)
738 man talking sounded like FF inflection 1245UT
918 woman and man talking, CC inflection 1344UT
945 woman talking at 1341UT, maybe parallel to 6125, but too much out of sync to tell
1017 oriental sounding instrumental mx 1257UT
1188 woman then man talking 1351UT, not //594, yet piano interlude at 1352 was //594, so JOKP 1476 man talking 1353, quite laid back, leading into choral mx at 1357; fading even further down by 1400UT, and heard only 4 pips buried in the splatter. Of course, my records from March 2010 show that some Chinese on this channel use just 4 pips... 1575 unID man talking 1348, woman talking across hour, nothing that I could identify though

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

171 756 891 936 981 1035 1098 1242 1251 1323

best wishes,

Nick