Re: [IRCA] TP Sept 16, 2012 / Victoria version

Re: [IRCA] TP Sept 16, 2012 / Victoria version

Just spent the last 30 minutes reviewing my Perseus .wav file from
12:58 to 13:05 so far.  There are a LOT of signals there, most
obscured by a huge amount of domestic splatter.  As usual (there has
to be a law somewhere about this), things faded down substantially
just before the TOH so little chance of hearing any IDs.  1134, for
instance, was just about as strong as the big JJ guns on 594, 747, 774
and 828.  8 level to me at 12:58, but by 12:59 was down in the mud,
and didn't recover by 13:05.  Darn!  Most signals at this earlier time
were confined to the lower band, at least nothing heard above 1143
kHz.  Almost all Asiatics, although 702 was ABC Sydney at 13:04 with a
7.5 signal.  A bit of a flutter indicating a SAH, I think too.  612
may have been NZ and not Australia as I didn't hear any ABC fanfare at
13:00.  603 during this time frame was almost all music, pretty modern
at that, so I can't confirm what everyone else heard (China over
Korea), at least not at 13:00ish.  Seems to me 603 in previous seasons
was usually all music most of the time as well.  With so much on the
go this morning, I didn't have a chance to venture into any of the
other files yet.  Of stations not heard quite so often, JOIK, Sapporo
on 567 was a strong performer today with 8 level signals at 13:05, //
594.  A nice morning on the coast for certain!  Enough for now.  SF
was only 98 today, with A 6 and K 2.  Pretty quiet solar terrestial
conditions all around.  I should be up early tomorrow for, perhaps, a
repeat of this morning's performance in time for work!
73,.........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC