From: Mike Terry <miketerry73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: DXLDtrinado <dxld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: MWDX <mwdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Jan 31, 2012 3:18 pm
Subject: [mwdx] WFIL, 560 kHz, DX Test February 12, 2012

>From Rene' F. Tetro via ABDX
January 31, 2012

I have been looking back in my records and noted that I have not done a DX Test on either or our stations in a few years.  For three successive years, back in the mid-00’s, I conducted several tests.  I stopped doing them because with so many consecutive years, results were similar from year to year.  Now, with a 3-4 year gap in the solar cycle since the last test, I think it’s time I give it another go and see if we find any changes in reception.

So….I will be conducting a DX Test on WFIL, 560 kHz, on Sunday morning February 12, 2012 between 0000 and 0100 EST (0500 to 0600 UTC).  I will run on our day pattern at 5kw, and broadcast the usual tones/warblers/unusual music/etc.  Unusual music….maybe we’ll try some polkas this time instead of the marches. J

I am not sure who coordinates the tests anymore since I have been out of the loop for a while, so I’m sending it out to the lists to which I am subscribed.  If any of you know who the current coordinator is, please forward the notice to him/her.

73,

Rene'

Rene' F. Tetro, Director of Engineering and IT
Salem Communications - Philadelphia
     WFIL 560AM:  " Philadelphia 's Christian Teaching & Talk Station"
     WNTP  990AM:  "Intelligent Conservative Talk"
117 Ridge Pike
Lafayette Hill , PA   19444
Voice:  610-828-6965              610-828-6965        Ext: 41
Fax:  610-828-6725
Email:  rtetro@xxxxxxxxx

The best of all is, God is with us." - John Wesley

"Preserve me from all those snares and temptations
which continually solicit me to offend Thee.  But let me
always walk as in Thy sight, and as one who knows this
life to be the seed-time of an eternal harvest."
- Susanna Wesley

Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity: New Members 1
Visit Your Group