 From: Tim Hills <thills@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Stephen Airy <pianoplayer88key@xxxxxxxxx>; IRCA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, December 3, 2011 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Possible PL-606 LW reception on barbed wire fence?

Stephen:

There was a clear difference in the 404, cleaned some of the wax out
    of my ears when the level came up. Odd resonances can happen in
    almost anything, groundwave from MOG could be lining up just right
    to focus it there. Be interesting to go back when the soil is dryer
    or wetter to see if you get the same results in the same spot.

It was just the fence resonating, no other equipment. It's only
    happened once and I've checked again several times. Could be Iron
    and Zinc oxides at the point(s) of contact acting as a
    rectifier/detector. Very cold, no wind and very quiet that night.
    Just the right place at the right time I guess. The toaster I
    inherited from my mother. When I was a 5 or 6 a Ham down the street
    used to come through quite loud on it. I thought Donald Duck was
    trapped in there at first :P

An FSL is on my to-do list but there's a few projects I need to tend
    to first.

73

Tim Hills
Sioux Falls, SD