Re: [IRCA] Bristol's Hope NF.

>>I never thought it would be that easy to get so many signals from the
old world in NF(especially using small pocket receivers) since I
didn't manage to ever get anything from NB when I was living there but I
guess the domestics don't reach the east coast of NF as easily. I always
knew I ended up on the wrong coast as far as radio goes but I'd rather
not have to deal with winter anymore after putting up with snow and
freezing temps for the first half of my life.But one thing about TAs has
puzzled me after seeing Allen Willie's report (also previously) and that
is that The Canary Islands on 1008 consistantly makes it across but
not the more powerful Dutch station on 1008 while other Dutch
stations of lesser power do.I don't know for sure but I would say that
distance wise Holland is closer than Canary, I haven't checked that out
so I could be wrong. The list includes multiple signals on several
splits but not on 1008. Strange.<<

I thought through the years after I heard everything I could on the West
Coast, It would be great to move to New England to hear and QSL all of
those cool TAs and LAs, but I am with you as far as the weather goes. I
could probably move to the interior of AK or along the North Coast and
log a lot of TAs as they are very common all Winter.  At my age I could
not take zero temps or lower and Nor Easterns on the East Coast.  I
lived in AK for over 12 years and I would not want that weather back and
New England can be worse watching the snow and blizzard conditions back
there. I guess if I was depedendantly wealthy and could travel back and
forth from one coast to the other at will, I might consider it. hi.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR