[IRCA] WHP 580 IBOC

Yes Patrick, WHP does use IBOC but only during the day when
the station is nondirectional.  The program director told me
it would be very expensive to modify the night time
directional array for IBOC and I guess Clear Channel didn't
think it was worth the cost.  If IBOC had become more popular
the modifications might have been done.  I wonder if the
station pays less for an IBOC license since it isn't on all
the time.

It's just a guess, but the night time pattern might even have
had to been modified to protect WMCA 570 and possibly even
someone on 590.  Maybe Rene can comment on this.

Tom

** Message Separater **