Re: [IRCA] WDDZ-550

With the WDDZ monitoring over, I have moved the receiver to the WCTK/WNBH
site in New Bedford.

Today I finished setting up a bowtie loop aimed about 170° which is
essentially south.  Null was set so it was good on both 590 and 1030.  It
also seemed to lower a fairly wide range off the back and side.  I'll take
some pictures of that next time I'm there.  20' high on each end, 80' wires
between the vertical ends crossed.

The SDR-14 was set up and connected to the antenna.  I'm still pretty sure
it has a problem and it seems quite deaf.  The Palstar R30CC had a strong
signal level.  However, the SDR-14 required a DX Engineering preamp to get a
useful level.  At some point I will send it back so RFSpace can check it.

At the moment the SDR-14 is set to 640.  A couple of years ago Guadeloupe
RFO was dominant.  So far it's been Cuba.

Audio is on the same stream.  http://chowdanet.com:1604

I do have more work to do.  Next task is to finish setting up the phaser to
drop WNBH down so it doesn't cause problems.

I can change the frequency if there is a request.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI