Re: [IRCA] CT DOT 1670 and KWO35 1630 mysteries

On Monday 18 October 2010 19:49:28 Saul DX wrote:
> CT DOT on 1670 tonight underneath Ottawa's Radio Enfant is likely WPML750
> New Haven CT - has anyone heard CT DOT on 1670?

Yes - in Feb 09, I heard a station with the following announcement:
"Connecticut Department of Transportation Highway Operations Center with a
traffic advisory message",  then a woman with "you are listening to WPML750
in Fairfield, Stratford, Stamford, Branford and West Haven, and WQDG293 in
Madison and North Haven".  There are 9 possible tx sites that this might be.

Also, in Nov 08, I had a station mentioning the CT DOT Ops Center with a rush
hour traffic report, mentioning I-84 and Hartford.  I presumed this one to be
WNQN649 in East Hartford.

> More KWO35 162.55 relay on 1630, but endured multiple full loopps with no
> better ID that that. Weather forecatss and current conditions for a range
>  of places such as Western Sound Buoy, Central SAound Buoy, Hudson Cabin,
>  Montauk, Long Island, northern NJ, University of CT Execution Locks (!),
>  etc... Darn good signal, I'll post a clip or two later on. One suspect is
>  JFK airport, though they usually ID and don't run all of this stuff.
>  Maybe the New Haven CT station on 1630? Maybe another in the NYC area?
>  Anyone down that way DX these critters?

I heard what is likely the same station last November with NWS weather and
marine weather for western Long Island Sound.  No ID heard, but my guess was
KNAA585 in Jamaica NY.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON