[IRCA] TP DX 9-17-10

After a couple of dismal days, things are back to normal.  In fact, I'd rate today the best morning so far this season for me.  Life is good
once again.

Several stations produced decent audio today, but HLAZ-1566 was the only one with consistent strength.  The rest seemed to have brief moments of glory, fading up to respectable levels for only  a couple of minutes.

Good audio, most of it understandable by a native speaker, if only for brief periods
594 Japan (second best after HLAZ)
747 Japan (very briefly)
774 Japan (briefly)
1566 HLAZ

Fair audio, a few words understandable by a native speaker, if only for brief periods
657 NK
666 Japan
693 Japan
972  Korea
1206 China (very briefly)

Weak audio, recognizable program content; may or may not have been good enough to recognize the language
603 738(Chinese) 756 657(probably Vietnam) 828(Japan) 864 963 1134(JJ or KK in CKWX splat) 1287 1422 1557

Carriers and hets, some with real or imaginary traces of audio
585 621 639 729 801 891 909 918 981 1062 1071 1161 1179 1269 1512 1521

Bruce in Seattle

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T