Re: [IRCA] Cable connectors

 Craig

I'm assuming your measurements were made with an antenna connected at the far end of the cable. It would be interesting to know the difference in the effective shielding for Cat 5 cable compared to RG58. How much signal, if any, do you have on the Cat 5 cable and the RG58 when there's an open circuit or 50 ohm load at the far end?

Bruce