Re: [IRCA] VON likely moved to 860 from 895

We already had news of this in the Aug 4 issue of DX LISTENING DIGEST, 10-31. Altho replete with SW info, DXLD also strives to cover significant developments on MW and other bands, so I would encourage you to read it regularly. And/or listen to my WORLD OF RADIO, where this was also reported.

http://www.worldofradio.com/audiomid.html

73, Glenn Hauser ---- viz.:

** SAINT KITTS & NEVIS. Voice of Nevis, more popularly known as VON
Radio, after 22 years of operating on 895 AM is now on 860. Change
took effect on Saturday evening 10 July 2010. The station is known as
the ``Power House of the Eastern Caribbean``. Notice of the change was
given out on a regular basis over the last several weeks during many
popular programmes. VON Radio recently celebrated its 22nd anniversary
of broadcasting throughout the region, having been launched in June
1988 (from http://nevispages.com 12 July via Alan Pennington, MW
Report, August BDXC-UK Communication via WORLD OF RADIO 1524, DXLD 10-31)

With illustration showing 895 marked out, replaced by 860 ``We made
the change for you! since only the best will do!
http://www.vonradio.com

No, you didn`t and surely not for any other DXer in the world! 895 was
an unique frequency, free of co-channel QRM, and often could be heard
in NAm. Now it will be much tougher against all the 860 stations. What
in the world were they thinking? Yeah, I know, all those used caradios
that won`t tune split channels (Glenn Hauser, WORLD OF RADIO 1524, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)