Re: [IRCA] TP for 27 Aug from Victoria, BC

Re: [IRCA] TP for 27 Aug from Victoria, BC

Hi Guy,

Thanks very much for your investigation, and I'm very pleased to log the
relatively obscure 846-2RN with the Ultralight gear in Lincoln City (and
record  the MP3 with the RN identification).

Rather than give credit to the Ultralight, modest loop, or half-asleep
DXer, however, the credit should probably go to the South Pacific propagation
to  Lincoln City, Oregon, which has repeatedly allowed reception of many
such obscure DU's on humble Ultralight gear this past month. I wish we had more
 time to investigate the phenomena, but Asiatic TP's were already starting
to mix in with the DU's on 594, 657 and 666 kHz during the Lincoln City
trip  last week.

Anyway, I sure know where I am headed for DU-chasing next  summer :-)

73, Gary

In a message dated 8/27/2010 10:30:26 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,