Re: [IRCA] Qatar info

Quoting Hawkins <ng0g@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Nick,
>
> On 2/22/10 3:36 PM, Pete Taylor wrote:
> > Nick,
> >
> > I would love to know what equipment you took/are using and any grief you
> might have encountered from customs agents who saw it. I look forward to your
> bandscans.
> >

> Yes...me to.

Simply an ALA100 antenna (so the the amplifier box and interface box plus wall
wart power supply), and an RFSpace SDR-14 plus its power supply plus a 220 to
110 volt converter (and of course the laptop computer, but those are mightily
common).  The radio gear was in checked luggage.

No questions when the luggage was scanned for security on leaving Canada.  Have
been in Qatar and United Arab Emirates now, and customs in each place only
involves another X-ray (?) scan of the luggage.   In Qatar, they asked what the
electronic stuff was, and was satisfied with "it's a radio".

So, no big deal so far.

best wishes,

Nick