Re: [IRCA] 747-Ta or TP?

Nick Hall-Patch wrote:
11-18-09   23;00 PST --Victoria BC  Strong whistle between 740 and 750
with possible audio with spanish male voice but not clear enough to ID the
language in and out for about 15 minutes until fading .Was that a TA or
TP.Is it possible for signals to hop across both oceans at this time?
Appreciate any tips on this one.Thanks.Bill in BC

TPs were really starting to bang in at that time last night Bill, and TAs weren't that great, so I suspect you had Sapporo, Japan (Japanese can sound a bit like Spanish if there's lots of interference; of course, the Japanese network that uses 747 has different language lessons, but they don't have Spanish listed at this time) . And yes, the last little while we've had stuff from Europe coming in still, even as the TPs start to fade in as well. 747 is a possible frequency for that, as Holland sunrise and Sapporo sunset are both around 0700UT, and the Dutch station on 747 has been heard here this season.
best wishes,

Nick

Nick, I've been looking out for JJ but so far haven't heard anything from that part of the world..........Walt (bobbing around south of Samoa)