Re: [IRCA] Victoria TPs for 11 Oct 2009 - Masset report: India, etc!

Re: [IRCA] Victoria TPs for 11 Oct 2009 - Masset report: India, etc!

cafe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Was actually up at 1200 UTC checking up on an emergency repeater
system that was set up on my balcony -- for a local triathlon.

Only the top tiers were in + 279 Russian LW

Got back up at LSR - things picked up quickly but were nothing
out of the ordinary.

--
Colin Newell - Editor - CoffeeCrew DOT Com ---
Victoria, British Columbia - Blog - Coffee DOT BC DOT CA

Fellas, conditions were very unusual up here on the Charlottes with major fades up and down. Highlights were India on 1566 overpowering HLAZ with EE news at 15:02, Radio Farda over VOA on 1575 at armchair level, Radio Sawa on 1539, Bangladesh at armchair copy dominating 693 over Tokyo with English news at 14:30. Later in the morning, things seemed to settle down with the return of KK/CC and JJ stations to good strength. Just for fun, I continued to monitor Farda at 18:00, and 19:00 (local noon). Life is good up here. Just wish I could stay longer! By the way TAs were way down last night, although I did hear Djibouti. Otherwise a difficult evening with lots of weaker signals, compared to the night before. More later as time permits! ......Walt