[IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 9-8... Huge Improvement

[IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 9-8... Huge Improvement

Hello All,

After yesterday's miserable conditions ruined everyone's holiday DXing, I
decided to chase DX by the bedside, and not go out to play with the new 9'
box  loop in the backyard. It didn't matter this morning-- the TP's were
booming in  on practically any antenna.

With the 36" collapsible PVC Loop by the bedside, 639-CNR1 had a legendary
signal at 1320 on the modified ICF-2010, the strongest I have ever heard
any  Chinese station while DXing in Puyallup. Fortunately I was able to grab
an  MP3 recorder and get a booming Chinese recording on the C.Crane SWP
Ultralight, coupled up to the same 36" loop. Expecting to find other strong
Chinese and Russians, I checked 648, 918, 963 and 1593-- and found all of  them
with audio, although not at the monstrous level of 639-CNR1 (which
strangely was the strongest TP of the morning here).

972, 1566 and 1575 had their usual strong audio, and the Japanese
powerhouses were well represented. Walt mentioned many DU's this morning,  but there
wasn't time here to fully investigate them (and they are  pretty tough to
get here, anyway). I'm curious whether fellow Puyallup  resident Guy was
finally able to identify his 1323 Filipino UnID this  morning-- it certainly was
the morning to try. I checked the frequency after the  peak morning
enhancement, but found only a moderate carrier.

73, Gary DeBock

Modified ICF-2010:  30" loopstick made with four 7.5"  Amidon Type 61 bars,
wound with 40/44 Litz
Modified C.Crane SWP:  7.5" Slider loopstick + Murata CFJ455K5 IF  filter
36" Collapsible PVC-frame tuned passive loop

steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)