Re: [IRCA] Sept. 5th TPs - Down Somewhat

Re: [IRCA] Sept. 5th TPs - Down Somewhat

Hi John and Guy,

The 738- Taiwan Fisheries carrier was as loud and obnoxious as ever this
morning. It had moderate Chinese audio around 1305 UTC, with overall strength
 equal to that of the strongest Japanese (594 and 747). By coincidence,
657-  Pyongyang was also fairly strong this morning (with audio), and its
ragged  carrier sounded almost exactly like the 738 problem child.

For some reason, the general signal strength of Taiwan-738 has been
increased since their carrier became obnoxious, making it one of the strongest
Asiatic TP's observed here for the past 2 weeks. During the summer  there were
serious floods in Taiwan, which may have caused antenna  grounding system
damage related to the carrier problem.

Besides the strength of 738-Taiwan and 657-Pyongyang this morning, 603-HLSA
 had good audio around 1310, and the Japanese on 666 and 693 had moderate
audio. 675-Vietnam also had weak audio around 1320, as Guy reported. The
DU's  didn't seem especially strong this morning here, however.

The above receptions were made in the backyard on the modified ICF-2010
(30" loopstick), inductively coupled to the 5.5' square collapsible-frame
tuned passive loop. It was raining here this morning, which provided a good
test  of the loop's waterproofing system :>)

73, Gary (in Puyallup, WA)

In a message dated 9/5/2009 11:34:49 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,