To: <IRCA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2009 11:38 AM
Subject: [IRCA] Using LW beacons to predict MW TP DX

Does anyone else do this? My favorite check is 368 kHz. If ZP in Sandspit, BC, 100 mi S of the Alaska panhandle, is coming in, audio or at least carriers from Japan will be heard in MN. If SX Cranbrook, BC is there instead, Japan probably weak carriers at best, DUs are possible. If only VX from SK is in, there will be no mainland Asia carriers, but weak DU carriers possible. If even no VX in on 368, DU carriers very unlikely in MN, & TPs will probably be poor even on WC.

Of course, if you're not near MN, you might need to use different LW beacons to predict MW TPs. I suppose one could use a string & a globe to determine what beacons are along the signal path to Asia or DU. Is there an online site that would help determine that, for those DXers that don't have a globe? 73, George S., MN