Re: [IRCA] What's your closest unheard AM station?

Re: [IRCA] What's your closest unheard AM station?

Bob,

I've heard KDAC-1230-Ft. Bragg from San Francisco maybe a half dozen times tops. It was ALWAYS at sunrise. Are they still spanish?

Dennis,

As to California stations I've NEVER heard....There are a bunch with call letter changes I haven't logged but those I've never heard from here or Sacramento are: 610-KAVL-Lancaster, 1040-KURS-San Diego, 1050-KMAP-Frazier Park, 1100-KAFY-Bakersfield, 1320-KSDT-Hemet, 1340-KWXY-Cathedral City, 1550-KWRN-Apple Valley. I know a few of these have changed calls but my log is several years out of date. Or any brand new stations that have taken the air in 2007 & 2008 would probably be on the list as well.

Don

Bob Coomler wrote:
Well, almost 55 miles: KDAC 1230 Fort Bragg, CA. at 60 miles. I've lived here almost 11 years and through all hours of the day, all seasons and a variety of receivers and antennas, I haven't even been teased. Granted, its a unique combination of distance and terrain, but you would think the law of averages would at least toss me a crumb.

Bob Coomler
Cloverdale, CA