Re: [IRCA] What's your closest unheard AM station?

Re: [IRCA] What's your closest unheard AM station?

Used to be able to ride the Skunk Train from Willits to Ft. Bragg but they jettisoned that railroad a few years back (sadly). You won't catch me driving up there anymore.

Don

vroomski@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Bob,

KDAC with one tower and 1 kw one would think
that they could make it South 55 miles.  Drove thru
Fort Bragg two years ago, Highway 1 from Leggett
to the coast is a real driving experience. I think the top speed was 35 mph and that was for only 500 ft.

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA
-------------- Original message -------------- From: Bob Coomler <w6rjc@xxxxxxxxx>
Well, almost 55 miles: KDAC 1230 Fort Bragg, CA. at 60 miles. I've lived here almost 11 years and through all hours of the day, all seasons and a variety of receivers and antennas, I haven't even been teased. Granted, its a unique combination of distance and terrain, but you would think the law of averages would at least toss me a crumb.

Bob Coomler Cloverdale, CA