[IRCA] Returning to Canada - E100 Slider returns too

[IRCA] Returning to Canada - E100 Slider returns too

The Eton E100 slider showed up at the door
at 5:58 PM local time...

rewarded the aircraft baggage courier with a big tip
and went inside to unpack with relief.

Eton E100 Slider intact and proud.

Ironically, while I was away, I had sent a stock E100
to a writer in L.A. working for Forbes Traveler - ostensibly
to travel to 25 countries with the E100.

He said that the unit arrived broken and deaf.

While we were away he sent it back -
It arrived a few days ago... intact and fully functional...
no signs of any wear or tear.

For the record, I have to credit Air Canada for bending over backwards
to get everyone to their destination in one piece (with their baggage...)
Additionally, our bags were never lost - they just could not keep up with us.

It is great to be home - even though we are currently experiencing
torrential rain.

Anyway - many thanks to our expedition sponsors, Durham Radio, Gary Debock
and Walter Salmaniw - indirect kudos to John Bryant and Guy Atkins -
who were part of the E100 slider braintrust.

I wholeheartedly encourage anyone thinking of an American vacation to
consider the Hawaiian Islands for their DX getaway.

Best 73,