Re: [IRCA] Your best logging of 2008?

Now that 2008 is coming to a close, let's start a round robin, open
thread: What was your best / most favorite logging of 2008 (regardless
of receiver)?

For me it was 1600 KDAK Carrington ND, supposedly with 90 watts nights
on 2/15/2008 on a GE ULR.  This was a new station for me and an awesome
logging at 837 miles (too bad that they don't have a 90 watt ULR
distance record :) ).  How about YOU?

I would say my best logging of 2008 was WIGN-1550 Bristol, TN, heard on 12/17 on Grundig G5. That was my first new station on 1550 sunset skip in a long time. Probably since Reagan's first term, if not the Carter administration! Back in the day, 1550 was one of my most productive SSS/SRS frequencies, along with 1540 (before CHIN went fulltime), 1560, 1570 and 1580.

WBIX-1060 DX test on 2/24 was my second best. Still waiting for the QSL on this one! Did anyone get a verie for this test?

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON