Re: [IRCA] TA for 24 Nov (UTC) from Victoria, BC

Re: [IRCA] TA for 24 Nov (UTC) from Victoria, BC

Seeing Don's comments I made a point of checking the band before sunset today, and when I started at 2300 the upper band was indeed full of carriers. TWR on 1467 had a great signal from 2315 until they signed off at 2330 ( with a few deep fades, including one right at sign off of course!), and I also heard weaker audio on 1008 and 1341. Then, around 2352 all the signals dramatically dropped off, so rapidly I was checking antenna connections. I see the solar wind velocity and density are both well up now, so perhaps I caught the last gasp on the TAs for now.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta

Don Moman VE6JY wrote:

it has been very interesting here thru the TOD (top of the day) with 1575
1413 1539 showing audio at various times :1413 exc at 1926ut 1539 fair audio
at 2021  and lots of strong carriers all over the band. A sweep at 1913 ut
had a het on 693 and the rest were  from 954 and on up with hets on almost
every channel on the top half of the band.

Solar wind density peaked yesterday so we should be in the enhancement area
before the slower particles arrive mid week or sooner....

73 Don
Lamont Ab