Re: [IRCA] Antenna for LW

Kevin, Dennis and Nick,

     For those with an ICF-2010, a more technical  approach apparently
provides huge benefits on LW.  The large transplanted  loopsticks (19.5" and 30")
described in an article on dxer.ca not only greatly  boost MW reception on the
2010, but do the same for LW.  Although I'm  not really an LW DXer, the long
wave TP signal levels on my 30" loopstick  ICF-2010 are astonishing, compared to
those of a stock unit..

     Amidon even sells LW-optimized ferrite bars,  and Dave Schmarder sells
LW-optimized Litz wire.  If an apartment or  townhouse dweller chose to build a
monster loopstick with this material and  transplant it into his ICF-2010, he
would truly be amazed at the  performance.

     73,   Gary